The Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities (DIRDC) is responsible for the design and implementation of the Australian Government's infrastructure, transport and regional development policies and programmes.
Nimblex Solution: Contract Management
- Following an internal audit of Departmental managed contracts; the Chief Operating Officer initiated a Project to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Contract Management within the department.
- The aim of the CMS project was to deliver a contract management solution (supplied by eBMS) to improve departmental business processes for the effective administration of goods and services supply contracts.
- The Department were, therefore, looking for a solution with a logical flow, flexibility, accountability, and with the appropriate notifications and approvals to shape around the areas which they felt needed greater emphasis within their Contract Management Story.
- They also looked for a solution which could be deployed in a phased approached.
- Nimblex tailored a self-hosted Contract Management Solution successfully, as per their procedural requirements and government compliance standards.
- The solution is easy to use, yet sophisticated enough to comply with all the department’s unique process and workflow requirements and their government audit responsibilities.
- All compliance, reporting and notification issues relating to the management of their Contracts are successfully managed in one place i.e. their Nimblex Solution.
- Improved reporting can be done through pre-configured reports and any non-compliance issues are immediately sent to the appropriate level of management for action.
- The delivered solution has already led to a completed second phase. This phased approached also helped with greater uptake, buy-in and change management results by the user community of the Department’s CMS.