Drillwest is a privately owned Western Australian business established in 1987 and is one of the state’s leading drilling contractors offering drilling capabilities which includes RAB, Aircore, Reverse Circulation and Diamond.
At a Glance:
Nimblex Solution: Drilling Management Solution
Drillwest were using an unwieldly amount of paper and spreadsheets to manage their drilling contracts, operations, assets and equipment, HR activities and many more. This involved an enormous amount of manual input and physical collation of documents from a number of drilling sites. This system also relied on accurate input from users in the field in relation to time and equipment used as well as a servicing procedure that was difficult to schedule.
They were looking for an online reporting system that could do away with the paper-based and spreadsheet way of working with the aim to reduce administration man-hours without reducing efficiencies.
Drillwest were looking for a proactive management tool that they could manage and administer themselves, with a capacity to enhance in the future and which was within their budget.
We tailored a reporting system as per Drillwest’s very detailed and exacting ‘process story’ and reporting requirements which automatically draws in information from a number of sources into a central point and creates individual reports which can be filtered to nominated managers.
The end result was a Nimblex Platform with the following applications tailored to Drillwest’s exact requirements.
- Executive Dashboard for tracking all management and KPI data
- Human Resource Management
- Workshop and Asset Management
- Client, Project and PLOD Drilling Management
- Training and Certification Management
- Operations Management
- CRM, Tender and Quote Management.
- Real-time monitoring and reporting of equipment, it’s usage, man-hours and serviceability through a single system which is centrally controlled
- It is envisaged that the improved engagement of users with the Nimblex system will see a substantial decrease in the use of spreadsheets and manual processing.
- The capability to package all processes and management activities in digitised and robust applications.