Latrobe City Council is located approximately 150 kms east of Melbourne and is one of Victoria's major regional centres. The region is made up of four central towns: Churchill, Moe Newborough, Morwell and Traralgon. Traditionally its been recognised as the centre of Victoria's electricity industry, which is derived from one of the largest brown coal reserves in the world.
Nimblex Solution: Procurement and Contract Management
- Latrobe City Council needed to close the window on their previous solution due to the inflexibility it offered due to the changes to their contract management policies. The were looking for a suitable solution to further improve their internal procedures and compliance.
- They were looking for a solution that could successfully bring all issues relating to managing contracts together for improved compliance, accountability and reporting.
- The council also had the need for a Vendor Management solution that would help with the pre-approval of vendors.
- Nimblex tailored a Contract Management Solution successfully as per their ‘process story’ and procedural needs.
- Nimblex managed to configure the solution in order to correctly accommodate and represent their specific requirements.
- Council policy changed twice during the project phase but these changes were successfully incorporated into the final solution.
- Integration with ECM
- All compliance, reporting and notification issues relating to the management of Contracts and Vendors are successfully managed in one place i.e. their Nimblex Solution.
- Improved engagement of users with the system seeing that the Nimblex system was extensively built around the current procedures and processes and this led to some improvements being introduced into the system during the build phase but presented no problems for both parties apart from affecting the delivery date.
- There is now an ongoing discussion about further enhancements due to the high level of satisfaction that exists with the Procurement and Contract Management Solution with some enhancements already in place.