WA Department of Health is Western Australia's public health system. With a State spanning over 2.5 million square kilometres, it is the largest area in the world covered by a single health authority. They employ 40,000 dedicated staff in metropolitan, regional and remote areas of the State, to attend to the health needs of the growing population.
Nimblex Solution: Procurement, Contract and Risk Management
- The use of an old outdated spreadsheet database to manage contracts was becoming problematic, unwieldy and producing problems with accountability.
- WA Department of Health was looking at a long term solution where they could build on the Contract Management Solution and expand the Nimblex platform into other departments in order to create multiple solutions that are all linked through one user-friendly platform.
- They were looking for a centrally managed system that could successfully manage all aspects of their procurement and contracts across a broad spectrum of users.
- WA Department of Health required a flexible and comprehensive reporting facility which did not require extensive and repetitive manual input.
- Required the ability to administer the system themselves and not rely on expensive support costs on an ongoing basis.
- Nimblex tailored a Procurement and Contract Management System successfully as per their detailed ‘process story’ and procedural needs. This was extremely successful and led to further enhancement phases to improve their internal systems.
- This was a project that was managed initially by on-site meetings in order to confirm requirements and thereafter very successfully by video conferencing which produced excellent results.
- The successful solution has created extensive interest from other departmental stakeholders who want to pursue their own customised Nimblex solutions, and Nimblex is currently developing a Risk Management Solution for the WA Department of Health.
- All compliance, reporting and notification issues relating to the management of Contracts, and Vendors are successfully managed in one place i.e. their Nimblex Solution.
- Improved engagement of users with the system seeing that it closely resembles the way they work.
- Excellent real time reporting and notifications