WA Department of Transport key focus is, operational transport functions and strategic transport planning and policy, across the range of public and commercial transport systems that service Western Australia. With more than 1000 employees, they have the expertise to deliver and connect a complex inter-related economic and social network.
Nimblex Solution: Procurement and Contract Management
- The use of an old database to manage contracts was becoming problematic, unwieldy and producing problems with accountability
- WA Department of Transport looked closely at the solution that Nimblex delivered for the WA Department of Health and was looking at a similar solution but tailored to their specific requirements.
- They were looking for a centrally managed system that could successfully manage all aspects of their procurement and contracts across a broad spectrum of users.
- The WA Department of Transport required a flexible and comprehensive reporting facility which did not require extensive and repetitive manual input.
- They required the ability to administer the system themselves and not rely on expensive support costs on an ongoing basis.
- Nimblex tailored a web-based Procurement and Contract Management System successfully as per their detailed requirements presented by the WA Department of Transport.
- This was a project that was managed initially by on-site meetings in order to confirm requirements and thereafter very successfully by video and tele conferencing which produced excellent results.
- The successful solution was delivered within a very tight timeframe.
- All compliance, reporting and notification issues relating to the management of Contracts, and Vendors are successfully managed in one place i.e. their Nimblex Solution.
- Improved engagement of users with the system seeing that it closely resembles the way they work
- Excellent real time reporting and notifications