Basic Business Requirements Workshop Facilitation
Ok, so you’ve decided to use the Nimblex Platform for your next digitisation or process automation project.
But you are unsure about the high-level requirements, scope, the buy-in of the rest of your team, cost and many more issues which can muddy the water for you.
If this sounds like your situation, then we can help you to save a lot of wasted effort and money down the line by the facilitation of a discovery workshop.
This type of discovery workshop allows everyone to meet and lay their cards on the table for example what frustrates them with the current application/process, queries they may have about Nimblex Platform, question about how the project will be run and most excitingly to contribute with their bright ideas on what is the high-level business and functional requirements to ensure success.
Who should be involved:
Discovery Workshop Breakdown
The following is the typical topics which we will discuss during the workshop. These can vary from project to project, but the basic framework remains the same:
- Introduce everyone and communicate purpose of the workshop
- Agree on the workshop objectives and outcomes
- Explore the Problem Statement and Vision of the project
- Define the Scope of the project
- Define the ‘user profiles.’
- Create together a high-level process flow
- Explore the workflow requirements and notifications
- Understand the desired reports and dashboards needs
- Use the MoSCoW (Must, Should, Could, Won’t) method of prioritisation to:
- High-level business requirements
- Formulate the ‘features’ that need to be included
- Non-functional requirements
- Determine roles and responsibilities and next steps
The workshop tends to enhance the scoping phase of the project.
Now is the perfect time to get everyone involved in the project by means of a discovery workshop. It will help you to
What Comes After the Discovery Workshop?
The discovery workshop enables both you and eBMS to gain clarity about your various requirements.
Following the workshop, eBMS will produce some of the following documents:
The above will give you all the necessary information to get off to a great start.