Industry: Training and Employment
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Size: 80 employees
Solution Type: Replace the existing trainee managment system with a Nimblex solution
AFL SportsReady is a national, not-for-profit company dedicated to helping young Australians develop careers through traineeships and educational opportunities.
Working across several industry sectors including sport and recreation, business, administration, education, finance, retail, arts and the creative industries, AFL SportsReady has kick-started the careers of approximately 16,000 young job seekers over the past 25 years, including over 2,500 Indigenous Australians, and helped develop over 700 sporting organisations and other businesses across Australia.
Their Indigenous Employment Program, Warumilang, provides not only vocational traineeships but also direct employment opportunities as well as cultural awareness and professional development services.
AFL SportsReady is also a leading education provider, offering courses in either sport or business, ranging from Certificate level through to Diploma. Their exclusive university partnerships allow students who complete their programs to gain entry into a Degree qualification, complete with course credit.
Nimblex Solution: Custom Recruitment and Trainee Management System
Develop a customised traineeship, direct employment and programs management system that incorporated a broad range of business functions, meeting the current operational needs of the organisation and also having the ability to accommodate new programs and services offered by AFL SportsReady in the future.
The newly developed system aimed to have a significant positive impact on internal efficiency as well as improvements in stakeholder management, including:
- Streamlined and more efficient process flow
- More sophisticated and efficient links to payroll and finance systems
- Improved compliance and data quality standards
- Reduced double handling of paperwork and time taken to input data
- Better and more frequent communication to stakeholders through system-based notifications, emails and texts
- Use of online electronic forms, significantly reducing the use of paper-based forms
- Improved reporting capabilities
- Portals used to manage communication, forms and information with external stakeholders
- Improvement in the way AFL SportsReady monitors and reports on organisational performance
- Improved stakeholder experience
- AFL SportsReady can more efficiently manage end-to-end processes previously handled by multiple systems.
- The system is visually appealing, simple to navigate and incorporates a range of features that make managing tasks easier.
- The system design allows for the expansion of features and components based on future company growth.
From the start, the team at were great at listening to what we wanted to do and coming up with unique solutions to our many requests. If they didn’t have a solution on the spot, they always went away and worked it out. We felt like they wanted to build a system that met all of our needs, not moulding us into what they had. The team at Nimblex have been true partners in the development of our system requirements, and we are looking forward to building on additional stages in tandem with them.James Montgomery
Chief Executive Officer