Mount Alexander Shire Council is a local government area in central Victoria, Australia with approximately 220 staff. More than 18,000 people call Mount Alexander home with most residents living in the close knit townships of Castlemaine, Harcourt, Newstead and Maldon, an area of 1,529 square kilometres, divided into five wards.
Nimblex Solution: Procurement and Contract Management
- The use of a spreadsheet database to manage contracts was becoming problematic.
- Mount Alexander Shire Council was looking to better their contract compliance through the introduction of a Nimblex solution similar to Nimblex solutions that they had seen being demonstrated by other councils within Victoria.
- They were looking for a system that could successfully bring all issues relating to managing contracts together for improved compliance, accountability and reporting.
- Mount Alexander Shire Council also had the need for a Vendor Management system that would help with the pre-approval of vendors.
- Nimblex tailored a Contract Management System successfully as per their ‘process story’ and procedural needs.
- Nimblex managed to configure the solution in order to correctly accommodate and represent their specific requirements.
- Integration of TCMS with Vendor Management.
- All compliance, reporting and notification issues relating to the management of Contracts and Vendors are successfully managed in one place, i.e. their Nimblex Solution.
- Improved engagement of users with the system seeing that the Nimblex system was extensively built around the current procedures and processes and this led to some improvements being introduced into the system.
- There is now an ongoing discussion about further enhancements due to the high level of satisfaction that exists with the Contract Management System with some enhancements already in place.