City of Wodonga is strategically placed between Melbourne and Sydney on the Hume highway, with a population of more than 37,000. Located on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. The council has an operating budget of more than $50 million and employs more than 230 full-time equivalent staff to provide the range of services required by the community.
Nimblex Management Solutions: Procurement and Contract, Incident and Safety, Risk and Hazard, Vendor
- Council had issues with the management of RFx’s online from initiation, approval, advertising and evaluation on a single platform.
- The use of an old outdated Access database to manage contracts was becoming problematic.
- Council was looking to better their mobility of data through the introduction of iPads.
- They were looking for a system that could successfully bring together all the issues relating to managing contracts and combine them with Risk and WHS issues.
- Council also had the need for a Vendor Management system that would help with the pre-approval of vendors.
- Nimblex with eProcure offered to capture, analyse and to make decisions about a single procurement or a portfolio of procurements under the seamless integration.
- EBMS tailored a Contract Management System successfully as per their ‘process story’ and procedural needs with centralised storage of all contracts within the Nimblex system.
- EBMS configured additional modules in order to correctly accommodate and represent their OHS and Risk requirements.
- Integration of TCMS with Vendor Management as well as a stand-alone OHS & Risk Management System.
- Single-click integration with eProcure for easy uploading and downloading of information from Nimblex Procurement module, allowing for an end-to-end Purchase to Contract lifecycle through the one solution.
- Best Practice with more efficiently managed procurement processes from initiation to award of contract and its lifecycle.
- Ensure procurement activities are conducted in a fair and transparent manner.
- Customisable and easy to use supplier interface.
- Allows comprehensive reporting, full audit trails and secure storage of data.
- All compliance, reporting and notification issues relating to the management of Contracts, Vendors, Risk and OHS are successfully managed in one place, i.e. their Nimblex Solution.
- Improved engagement of users with the system seeing that it closely resembles the way they work.
- Post implementation has seen numerous changes and system enhancements which have been successfully implemented as Council requirements, policies and procedures have changed.
- Greater compliance and visibility of council’s contract policies and processes.
- The solution’s vendor management has taken the burden off admin by easily looking for pre-qualified vendors, saving the council’s staff valuable time.
EBMS Nimblex is powerful and intuitive. The solutions are flexible and adaptable to our organisation’s processes which has increased our operational efficiency.Melanie Simpson
Wodonga City Council